About Me

My photo
I am a DONA certified birth doula in the central New York area. I am a founder of the CNY Doula Connection. I also offer postpartum care in the Syracuse area.

Monday, May 16, 2011

In honor of My Sister

This blog is for my big sis, Wendy. I love her dearly. She has attended all my births, and by the third, if I told her she was catch the baby-she would! Just by listening to my stories as a doula, and a homebirthing mom, she became very educated herself.

I joked with her when I was pregnant with my second child, and told her she needed to get pregnant-so we could be pregnant at the same time. A few months later, she was!! This would be her first child.

She was empowered to switch her care provider during her pregnancy, knowing that there were better options for her out there. She had some complications that worried her throughout her pregnancy, but finally the moment arrived! Her water broke early on, and knew it was not necessary for her to rush to the hospital. When we did arrive, she labored SO well! It was only a few hours later, that her little girl was born. No pain medication, just the love and support from her husband and her doula sister.

Knowing my sister like I do, I would think years earlier, she would have gotten pain medication, gotten to the hospital early, and stuck with her original care provider.

Wendy was so strong and brave, and I was honored to be at her birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment